For Patty...

I am not a blogger. It's official. Thanks for the little goad. ;)

So an BandH News Update is much needed. I've been slacking.
The last time I posted B was just getting started in to the school year. Wow, it's feels like forever ago, even though it's been only a couple of months. He has been working super hard at all his homework ad studies. He is part of a team that has to make large presentations and they have been rocking the pants off their professors. IN order to achieve such greatness there is a cost. We don't hang out very much where it's just us. When we do, he's tired or theres a time limit, (I have issues too it's not all him) and it seems like the homework is never ending. It's as though he can never get ahead of the game. There is alway another project due, another book to read, another meeting to go to. It's all getting old already. We acknowledge that it's hard but we know there is a goal and this is the means through which we must achieve it. Therefore, we press on.

Over the course of these past months within school it has been hard for me to stay busy. because I didn't have a job for the first few months. Me not having something to do is bad news. So I started to make things for myself to do. I sanded a coffee table and a piano bench. I built some ledges to display pictures on. I polished furniture, planted herbs, baked ridiculous amounts of sweets, I think I can stop there and say I was just trying to stay busy. Now I just have to paint these projects and they'll be done.

During the times when I wasn't sanding or baking, I was job hunting. Like a mad women. Online, on the street, at the church. I was going crazy. After a couple of interviews and no callbacks I was beginning to think "I'm not good enough, why even try. I hate this" All the typical lies the the enemy puts in our ears. I was listening too. Shameful, I know. I also know if you've been in that situation you know what I'm talking about. Listening to those ie sent me into a downward spiral of depression that Jesus is still carrying me out of.there were some dark moments for me there. It wasn't until I actually got offered 3 jobs all on the same day, Yes it took that kind of motivation to get me talking to Jesus again. Shameful.
I originally took 2 of the three but am currently only at Great harvest. I am hoping to gain some more voice and piano students. Through all that I learned that I love to teach. I want to teach. I was made so that I could teach Music. So I'm researching different schools and want to get a Masters in Vocal Performance so that I can teach well.

As for Oregon. I like that iI get fresh delicious vegetables here. I like that feet aren't frozen all the time. I like that we are getting to know a new culture. I like that we can drive a couple of hours and be in a different state. It all seems very luxurious to me. I hope I never take it for granted.

I'll have to get on here later and give some more detailed stories. I'm thankful that we are here even though it's been hard. Band H are learning to live life better together. We're learning about finances and budgets and time management and all the grown up stuff that is so hard to learn. We have each other. Praise Jesus.

Comments

  1. Hey Holly! I really enjoyed reading this tonight. You're courageous to be so open with us. the Hubs and I will be praying of you, both of you. Love you! -Secora

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts