Just Some Thoughts

   I've been thinking. We're in the thick of the presidential campaigning for November and it leaves me pondering often about polotics. I do not claim to know much about polotics or even people.

I just wonder and my mind goes in a circles like this....

   Isn't it interesting, that regardless of ones party one must verbally bash the other, especially when on television.
   Isn't it interesting one must declare te other unthinking and unintelligent?
   I am fascinated by the division.
   Isn't meeting in the middle about meeting in the middle, not pushing your opinion until it's every one else's as well?
   We should start stepping toward each other instead of playing tug of war before we tear the country in half, we're hanging on by a thread here.
   Don't we pride ourselves in diversity, even in opinions?
   Don't we pride ourselves in freedom of speech  of life liberty and happiness.
   I dislike people pressing opinions on me as if they were the one and only way to go, as if no other worldview were valid.
   I am ok with the sharing of an opinion, just tell me reasonably, with credible scholarly researched evidence, please.

And so on...
      Just thoughts

Comments

  1. Love your thoughts! I am in agreement with ya, sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I whole heartedly agree!!! I hate election years because it is full of empty promises and lies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts